Competition Start Date: July 4, 2017
Competition Number: 9310-0010A-017
Position Title: Senior Human Resources Advisor – Staffing, Employment Equity and other internal programs
Branch/Section: Human Resources & Information Management
Employment Type: Term up to one (1) year
Language: Bilingual Imperative (French, English)
Salary: $93,493 – $105,229 plus $1421.49 Bilingual Allowance (expired salary)
Location: Employment Equity Designation Headquarters, Ottawa
As a result of the PSAC Workforce and Availability Analysis and in accordance with the PSAC Employment Equity Plan, preference for this position will be given to a qualified person from an equity group including: women, racially visible, Indigenous person, persons with disabilities, or gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender (GLBT).
Purpose of Position
The position provides strategic human resources and employment equity advisory services to management and employees of the PSAC across a broad spectrum of HR disciplines including, recruitment/staffing, Employment Equity, health and safety, employee relations, job evaluation and classification, pay equity, learning and development and human resources policy and planning.
- Experience in the human resources technical functions in a unionized environment including position administration, recruitment/ staffing, Employment Equity, health and safety, employee relations, job evaluation and classification, and pay equity
- Demonstrated experience with employment equity practices, plans and legislation and ability to incorporate equity and diversity into HR and organizational processes
- Extensive knowledge of all human resources technical functions including job analysis, recruitment/staffing, compensation, learning and development, employee orientation and diversity management
- Excellent knowledge of the principles of employment equity
- Understanding of the sensitive political and social issues between a union employer and its internal bargaining agents
- Strong analytical skills to do job analysis and classify positions and ability to interpret, apply and develop processes to ensure collective agreement exigencies, relevant employment legislation, regulations, standards, directives and guidelines are met
- Ability to deal effectively with confrontations, build credibility and trust between parties and support/promote union-management partnerships
- Excellent project management and team building skills
- Strong computer skills and demonstrated knowledge of system applications and implementation.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in English and French (will be assessed)
- Excellent judgment
- Demonstrated consultative and problem-solving skills
- Persuasion and conflict resolution skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Dependability and reliability
- Commitment to trade union and equity principles
A detailed job description is available on our website: http://psacunion.ca/jobs-psac
How to Apply
To apply online please visit: http://psacunion.ca/jobs-psac . Please submit your résumé stating how your knowledge, skills and abilities relate to the qualifications of the position. Deadline date: July 21, 2017, 3:30 pm (EST).
The PSAC is committed to employment equity and is actively seeking to ensure a representative workforce. We encourage applications from members of equity seeking groups.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.