Conference & Special Issue Call for Papers | Social Inequality & Social Justice: North & South, North vs South
When: Wednesday April 26 to Friday April 28, 2017
Where: Club Amigo Atlántico, Holguin, Cuba
Alternate Routes: A Journal of Critical Social Research, in collaboration with WEFLA and the International Scientific Conference at the University of Holguin, invites proposals for its upcoming annual conference. To encourage broad intellectual engagement and debate, we are seeking proposals on a wide range of topics, including:
- New Theoretical & Methodological Approaches Studying Inequality and Social Justice
- The Welfare State: Past, Present, Future
- Social and Political Movements
- Education, Health, & Environmental Policy
- Imperialism & Colonialism Today
- Globalization & the Global North/South
- Work, Employment & Labour Markets
- Gender, Sexuality & the Family
- Alternatives to Austerity & Radical Social Policy
- Migration, Citizenship & the State
- Culture, Media & Ideology
- Capital & Class Struggles: Intersectional Approaches
The above list is not exhaustive and we welcome both panel and individual proposals that explore new directions in critical social research from a broad range of approaches.
Conference submissions must be received no later than October 31, 2016.
Please include in a single document an abstract no longer than 250-words, title and brief biography. A selection of papers will be considered as part of a special issue publication of Alternate Routes. Conference participation does not guarantee publication.
Conference Registration Fees: Permanent/Full-time Faculty $275CA; Contract Faculty and Graduate Students: $175CA
New contributors are encouraged to visit www.alternateroutes.ca for author guidelines and the latest updates. Conference proposals must be sent directly to [email protected]