We are pleased to open nominations to our three annual prizes that recognize outstanding scholarship in work and labour studies in Canada.
CAWLS Book Prize
This award honours the best book in Canadian work and labour studies published in 2018. To be eligible for this prize,
- The book must be a single authored or jointly authored publication.
- The author must be Canadian, or an individual working at a Canadian institution.
- If co-authored, one of the authors must be a Canadian or an individual working at a Canadian institution.
- The author(s) of the book must be a member in good standing of CAWLS at the time of the awarding of the Prize (i.e. June 2019).
- The book must have been published in French or English and must have been published in the eligible year.
Nominations with a short rationale should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 15, 2019.
CAWLS Award for Outstanding Undergraduate Scholarship
This prize recognizes outstanding scholarship completed by an undergraduate student on work and social change (precise emphasis, academic discipline, cultural context, and time period are open). An electronic copy of the assignment should be sent by the professor or the student to email@example.com by May 1, 2019, along with a concise explanation of any information deemed pertinent (e.g. the assignment instructions). Formal essays and more unconventional assignments are welcome. The student does not need to be a member of CAWLS in order to be eligible.
NEW RULES: New Voices in Labour Studies Best Paper Prize
Note that the rules for the New Voices in Labour Studies Best Paper Prize have changed. From now on, this award will be given to the author of the best paper by a new scholar (graduate student, post-doctoral fellow, or faculty/researcher in the first five years of their appointment) presented at the previous year CAWLS annual conference. To be considered for the award, electronic copies of papers presented at the 2018 CAWLS Annual Conference should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 1, 2019.